Thursday 3 April 2014

Thank You Book Lovers

Take a look at the picture to the right... I see blue sky, trees, a bit of grass, and what's that?  The pages of a book, or more specifically, lines from a story!  Aw yes, this is to me, the perfect kind of scenery.

I love, have always loved, books.  Everything about them really.  I adore their look, their feel, their ability to transport and inspire.  I require their therapy and motivation.  I have spent entire days browsing book store or library shelves, wishing I could travel and be changed by every single portal there offered.

I just love books.

And so, knowing a story of my own will soon be available to readers is both satisfying and terrifying.  But I've talked of that before.  What I'd like to say here is thank you, to the fellow book lovers who have supported the joys of reading and writing by helping me get the word out about the Wishing Stone and Other Myths (Lessons Learned on Gull Cliff Island).  Part of every author's struggle towards a vision of success is in acquiring a reach for their work.  It can be a trying process which pushes patience and one's personal resilience.

Since signing my contract with Morning Rain Publishing in March, I've been lucky to have received a wonderful wave of support from both the Canadian East and West.  As the clock ticks toward an official launch date I hope the buzz continues, and sincerely thank those who have helped create it thus far!

My appreciation to...

  • The Lower North Shore of Quebec's 'Local Wave', for printing a feature on myself and my upcoming read in their April newspaper, and for posting info on their Facebook page
  • CFTH radio for setting up an interview which was broadcast to five towns along the Lower North Shore of Quebec 
  • St. Anthony Newfoundland's Northern Pen, which distributes throughout the entire Northern Peninsula, for writing up an article for their newspaper which will print this coming Monday
  • MD of Greenview's Mountains to Meadows for deciding to print a headline about myself and my upcoming read in their June newsletter
  • And to all those who have and/or continue to visit me via my blog, Facebook (J.M. Lavallee), google+ (J.M. Lavallee), and twitter (authorJMLava).


A book is the only place in which you can examine a fragile thought without breaking it, or explore an explosive idea without fear it will go off in your face. It is one of the few havens remaining where a man's mind can get both provocation and privacy. 
 - Edward P. Morgan





No comments:

Post a Comment